Sunday, April 27, 2008

3,2,1...Blast off

The wick is ignited and the explosion is moments away.  Things will never be the same; I will never be the same.  Change, growth, struggle, breakthrough and challenge is guaranteed and I will come out of these next eight or nine months very different.  

Tomorrow morning we leave for camp, and then it is full-speed ahead.  I have not only stepped into a new adventure, but am diving head first into the middle of it. I am all in! God has given me a door to run through as I journey to learn about leadership, community, spiritual formation, intercession and full-time ministry.  I am giving my life for this - for the pursuit of the knowledge, beauty and love of God wherever he leads me.  As I wait for the gate to swing open, I am antsy with anticipation and excitement.  What will it look like? What will happen? What will God do?

The group of young staff that have sacrificed much to give their summer for the sake of being involved in camp ministry and Christian community could use a lot of prayer.  For many, this is the first time working on staff or even being at camp in general, so the familiarization and comfort in their new surroundings will be a big transition.  Pray also for the spiritual hunger of the staff to increase and for it to be met entirely with the love of God - that this would be a community transformed by the power of the Gospel and shaped by the truth of who God is.  I am believing for big and miraculous things to take place this year in the lives of staff and campers as we all encounter a big, powerful and loving Creator.  

My computer access will be limited as we do not even have running water currently on the island, but in the next couple of weeks I will post an update about what has been going on and what God is doing.  Thank you for your prayers. Blessings

No comments: