The island will be swarmed by about two hundred people in a couple of hours and I am hiding away in my corner of the program office wondering how I might possibly disappear or make a fort in the forest where no one could find me. The overwhelming feeling of an inevitable invasion with no defense in place is a new sensation that I can't say I like very much. Nothing like a new leadership role to shake the foundations of who you thought you were, what you could do, what you believed and who God is.
I am terrified. This will be good.
Starting at supper, I will play host to this diverse group of children, parents, alumni, workers, staff, Paddle Camp participants, instructors, directors, national Inter-Varsity workers and friends. I am sure that once things get underway it will be alright, but this anticipation and anxiety about what is ahead is killing me. Not only will I host Work Weekend but will also be the speaker for our big chapel service on Sunday.
This invasion is an opportunity (forced as it may be), to step out, be challenged and face new responsibilities head on. And I pray to be transformed. I pray for two hundred people to meet with Jesus and leave changed. There is a lot of work to do.
2 comments:
Yikes! Quite the learning opportunities, eh? Hope the weekend is great! All the best speaking on Sunday!
I'll be praying for you...that sounds intense!!
Post a Comment