"In God's wilderness lies the hope of the world - the great fresh, unblighted, unredeemed wilderness. The galling harness of civilization drops off, and the wounds heal ere we are aware." - John Muir
This post comes out of a very different place than most, or so it seems. I just came out of the wilderness
and I am changed.
O how I love canoe tripping! How it stirs my Spirit and calls forth life!
Removed and in the middle of adventure, the wilderness revealed afresh the raw character of God
hope yelled loudly,
beauty stood powerfully,
silence resonated deeply,
peace dominated intensely
and healing came swiftly.
The Senses delighted in the purity of the environment and became tuned to the natural rhythms and true melodies that floated by and I felt more myself than ever before. I felt truly beautiful and heard my soul speak again and again, "This is what I was created for..." ...to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His sanctuary. And it was easy to do when surrounded by Creation's majesty. I felt alive, with new dimensions of truth and honesty, shifting things in my heart and stirring in my Spirit.
I am not sure what this means or what I am exactly to do now but I desire to live out of this place, to go deeper and be moved to action from the things I have seen, heard and experienced. To live out what this wilderness time deposited deep into my Spirit with wholehearted devotion and surrender.
There is beauty and pain
there is death and life
there is truth and deception
there is conviction and grace
...salvation and confession
Raw reality
and painful freedom
all together, all one
silently yelling in my Spirit
and I choose to respond
...crawling somehow
...limping
to glory
No comments:
Post a Comment