It is November already. It is almost a month that I have been here at the International House of Prayer. It is profoundly a different place that I am at emotionally and spiritually than when I left.
I have intentionally refrained from posting an update on my blog because I am so often focused on processing everything, debriefing, wrapping things up into pithy statements and conclusions, and articulating my experiences and new revelations. However, with the amount that the Lord is working in me, and the ways that He is teaching me and revealing His Beauty, Love, Righteousness, Excellency, I want to just sit in it for awhile and let it go deep into my heart and my spirit and not try to figure it all out. I think that I sometimes miss the point by trying to state it. So, I'm not going to!
There has been so much going on, from EGS (Encountering God Services) on Friday and Saturdays, to prophetic ministry time, conferences, 40+ hours in the prayer room a week, parties with new friends, church services, and today I began classes as part of the Commission program which continues until the end of the month. It has all been very wonderful and I know that God is transforming my heart to receive more of His love and to love Him in return.
I will share one thing that has really impacted me: This past Friday, we had Stephen Venable speak at EGS and it was one of the most life-changing messages that I have ever heard on the Greatest Commandment and loving the Lord with our whole hearts. I was totally wrecked by the truth that he spoke and God has used it to effect everything in my life! The way that I think and live has been radically touched and changed by this paradigm of setting all of our affection on Jesus so that He can give us the ability to love Him in return with everything!!! I would recommend everyone download the notes (http://ihop.org ...right at the bottom of the home page is a list of the latest notes, or go to the notes section in the top menu bar), and I purchased an mp3 copy if anyone would like to hear it. They encourage the copying and distribution of their notes and material, which I think is very cool.
Here are some more pictures from my latest adventures this weekend. It has been absolutely beautiful here and I am trying to make the most of it.
May you be blessed and may God touch your heart.
November 3: Stopping to smell the roses. It reached +28 today.
A very calm street corner. The elections are tomorrow and it is crazy how big a deal it is.
A huge tree ring
My Canadian Friends! Funny enough, the are migrating south from Kansas City right now and the sound of their honking over the house makes me feel like I am back home.
A beautiful forest path.
It was such a beautiful day, I walked and explored for about two hours.
A real life praying mantis!!! Very appropriate.
No comments:
Post a Comment