Sunday, November 9, 2008

Biggest Adventure Yet

So, I think this weeks adventure tops them all so far. Another beautiful, but more brisk, fall day called to me from inside Higher Grounds, and I knew I had to answer back. So with Ugly Runners ready to go, and my favourite SmartWool Socks pulled up high with the jeans tucked in, I set off. I went in a new direction with one goal in mind: "MILKSHAKE." I had a bit of a craving, so I thought that it provided a suitable objective for the days mission. Five kilometers later, I held the precious, thick, sweet, pink drink in my hands and was flooded by the multitude of memories that arise every time I'm in the vicinity of a McDonalds. Nothing better.

With that now accomplished, what else was there to do but press on recklessly in search of another exciting discovery?

The Bargain Factory did not disappoint!

To give you a picture of what this little treasure was like, let me invite you into a conversation I had with my friend Karen shortly after returning home for the evening ( I will elaborate in parenthesis):
Janelle

.... I was in the prayer room in the morning, but left early to go to Higher Grounds and wrote like 20 pages in my journal. I've had a bit of writers block the last couple of days, but it was flowing today....and then said to myself "Janelle, it's a beautiful day, do something!!!!"

so I put on my ugly running shoes and went for a three hour walk.

I walked all the way to McDonalds...which is like 5 km

Karen

amazing

hahaha

Janelle

and then found the coolest store ever....well, it is was a warehouse, so kind of sketchy and in the middle of no where

and I was kind of worried of creepy guys stopping me on the side of the road, but that didn't happen. Praise the Lord.

but besides that, it was pretty awesome...this store is like a warehouse of over stock from stores/inventories and has everything in it!!!!!!

like, freezers and freezers and freezers full of icecream, and pallets of clorex wipes

there were these gansta shoes locked up in one section, (next to the fake jewelry)

all the sunscreen you could ever want!!!!! a wall of coloring books

a whole back room for pet stuff...funky, dollar store kind of clothes....(there was even a whole flea market section for all those used clothes you wanted. I was actually tempted by the 80's cut-off jean shorts. So good!)

...tons of cinnamon syrup for drinks, corn maze, and ryvita crackers....

single packets of coffee (like at camp...you could buy just one if you wanted, and have you ever tried chai mocha latte's before? I saw some packets for that but was unsure of the taste combo that might create)....

(but I couldn't find any peanut butter... interesting.... The police man at the front door kind of stared me down: did I look that suspicious? What was I going to steal? The ProActive sun protection lotion? Maybe he was worried about the $4 Miss Congeniality movie or perhaps the toilet seat covers that you could get in three different colors...who knows, but there was a lot of good stuff in there!)

and then there was all the christmas stuff.....OH BOY!!!!!JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!

if you have ever seen tacky, useless, christmas things, ornaments, etc....they had nothing on this!!!!!

Karen

hahahahaha oh man!

Janelle

I had to restrain myself from buying a whole bunch of stuff because the tackiness/uselessness/ugliness of it would have been so epic!!!

THERE WAS A HUGE STUFFED-TOY REINDEER HEAD TO MOUNT ON YOUR WALL!!!!!!

Who comes up with these things?!?!?!

Okay....and then they best thing that I have ever experienced in my whole life, and I am not even exaggerating at all....are you ready for this?

Karen

i dont know! am i? how could i not be

Janelle

okay, seriously, you need to buckle in for this...(ahem)

Karen

buckled

Janelle

so, I was making my way through the furniture and big items section, looking at the "make your own pond" kits, the large desks, hutches, and chandeliers.....and then I saw it....

A CASKET



REALLY



I didn't know what to do with myself, I couldn't believe my eyes...so, naturally, I went over for a closer look.

yup, totally a casket. and it was very red and very shiny

I think it was supposed to look like wood, but turned out this shiny, satin red with silver handles and white fabric

Karen

YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN IN IT

Janelle

welll........ uh

Karen

OH MY GOODNESS

thats so awesome

how much??

Janelle

okay, well, I didn't get into it exactly, but I did walk by it and kind of tilted my body horizontal to see if I would fit, and I am pretty sure it is exactly my size.....and ONLY $500 !!!!!!!

seriously....so tempting.....but then I thought "hmmm, I wonder what people will think if they know that I have a casket in the basement, or buy one and put it away in storage....for later, or in case of emergency

how awesome a prop could that be, too bad it would probably be very very inappropriate for camp

so yup, all that in one day...oh and then Christina, Mandy and I went to Target (which I love) and then to the evening church service. that was my day

Karen

if that casket isnt gone... we should all pitch in and buy it

make some excillent practical jokes

give it to jer as a new bed or something

Janelle

...hahah. how would I get that over the border?

Karen

i dont know... if you dont act weird about it no one will ask

Janelle

it would be pretty awesome.

Karen

especially if their isnt a body in it

Janelle

hahahahah!!!!! oh boy.


I was joking about the border thing. I was having the time of my life in that store and kind of wished other people were there to verify my story and maybe take a picture or two. I will probably just have to go back and check on the status of that casket so if anyone is interested....

http://www.thebargainfactory.net/


5 comments:

Lanney said...

That is hilarious! I totally love Bargain Factory...I got a very nice pick Levi's sweater from there super cheap...but I never came across any caskets though :)

Janelle said...

haha. I will have to look more closely next time at the clothing, but I did buy some really cheap tea. I think Christina and I are going to go in a couple of days and see what kind of treasures we discover.

Stephanie said...

That is so funny!!wi

Anonymous said...

i want the reindeer! and fake jewelry~!

Anonymous said...

i found you...

from 'the kiwi'