Thursday, July 29, 2010

Going out with Joy

The last full day of Girls 3 Camp.
The last full day of Girls Camp for me...maybe forever.

My heart wells up constantly the last couple of days - it's so full, and the tears come easily.

I think I will look back on this time of being at camp, particularly Girls camp, and always think, "Oh, how sweet it was!"  Hard, yes, but so sweet and precious.  Challenging, yes, but rich and life-giving.  What a divine privilege to be shaped in this place and to witness the transformation of hearts!

I will miss this, as much as I gladly, willingly and passionately embrace how God is leading me forward and into the future, I will miss this - this season of hidden-ness, of wilderness time, of fun, play, shaping, forming, creativity, challenge, laughter, grace and love.  My heart is full.

You shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace.  
The mountains and hills will breakforth before you.
There will be shouts of joy and all the trees of the field
will clap, will clap their hands.

("Nup-Nup" and "Fopra" during the Girls 3 cruise night.  It has been one of the biggest blessings to direct camps with Caitlin over the last three years.)

4 comments:

Johan Heinrichs said...

Will be nice to have you back!!

Anonymous said...

ditto.. funky glasses! stef just left... now you must come home!

Janelle said...

I still have a month on the island to supervise a couple of camps and direct sailing camp, but then I'm home. I'll be excited to be back though I will miss this place a lot.

Caitlin said...

NUP NUP!