Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Major *secret* revealed!

I'm letting a secret out.  A pretty big secret.

I've tried to keep this fact hidden for many years, however, when I confessed it to my friend Caitlin last night, she responded with, "Oh that's not a secret, I've known that about you for a long time." Well, praise the Lord for friends who know us sometimes better than we know ourselves and can see through our masks and see who we really are.

Here it is:
I love Martha Stewart.  I would love to be like Martha Stewart...minus the prison thing.
I love to cook and clean and bake and decorate and ORGANIZE and host parties and plan events and create pretty things and look at beautiful homes and table arrangements.  I have read almost every Martha Stewart Wedding magazine ever printed because I think they are stunning.  If I had TV, I would watch her show.

Martha Stewart is the reason I made it through a whole summer of house-keeping at a northern fishing lodge; she taught me how to perfectly fold a fitted-sheet and arrange bath towels.
Martha Stewart inspired me to keep scraps of fabrics and paper to create one-of-a-kind greeting cards.

And the "Martha Stewart" inside of me created a theme for gift-wrapping this Christmas.
Theme: "Brown-paper packages tied up with string" + Urban Outfitters clothing tag & bag








All these gifts were
wrapped using old gift bags or shopping bags, and collected/saved pieces of ribbon and fabric.  I spent no money on gift wrapping this year!

So that's it.  The secret is out. I love Martha Stewart and I'm not going to hide it any longer.

1 comment:

Camillia said...

Coming back to this post after having a face to face conversation on the topic makes it so much better!

"I would love to be like Martha Stewart...minus the prison thing."

LOL!