 |
| Caitlin getting her Converse ready for the day. Graeme already ready. |
This was a day filled with 'firsts' for me. It began with a Breakfast of Champions prepared by Caitlin and I, to which the boys happily arrived at 9:30am to help consume before we took a bit of a road trip to
Narcisse Snake Dens.
Armed with camera bags, iPhone directions, and a large cooler bag filled with snacks and a picnic lunch, we were
pumped for this adventure. Well, I was a bit unsure. From what I had heard, we were heading to a place with the largest populations of snakes in one place in the whole world. Thankfully, they are just red-sided garter snakes, but still I did not know how I would do when actually faced with them within touching distance. To break the ice, the first snake we found was a very tiny one on the path and I held my first snake. Not the best, but not the worst experience either, and I did not freak out. Traveling along the pathways to the different snake dens, it was incredible to see
so many snakes all in one place. I took my first pictures of snakes as well.
 |
| First snake picture |
 |
| Joe very pumped about the little guy on his arm. |
 |
| Try to count these guys! |
At the final snake den, we were surprised to see two men down on the ground level in a den with the snakes with camera gear galore! From listening in to the conversations, we found out that they were actually from the Discovery Channel's Planet Earth team, and shooting for an upcoming 2012 feature including these snakes. That was really exciting, and my first encounter with a real life, really cool film crew.
 |
| Discovery Channel |
 |
| Angry lady |
Capping off the time at Narcisse with our prepared picnic lunch, we headed back into the city. Fabulous.
 |
| Graeme resting from all the excitement. |
1 comment:
you didn't bring any home as pets? =)
Post a Comment