Sunday, October 12, 2008

We aren't in Winnipeg anymore Toto.

I'm Here.

The physical, "here" is IHOP.  Kansas City, MO. Geri's house.  The Spiritual "here" is still unclear and less defined.  All I know is that God has called me to this place for a time, and I am being faithful to what He has said to me.  What this is going to be like or what I will experience is a complete mystery, but I am excited for whatever will happen.  I suppose I have some expectations, yet I really desire to be truly open and available to God during this season so that I might take in all that He has for me.  

So, sitting on a beautiful day bed I get to call my own in "The Nest," a sunken room at the back of the house that leads to the back patio, I am overwhelmed by the fact I am actually here.  The warm breeze is moving through the light, gauzy drapes, the fans are on and the sun is shining on me through the sunlights.  It is +28 today and the neighbour's voices are drifting in as they play football in the backyard.  Next door, they began raking the few leaves that have fallen and the deep accents of these southern people sooth and calm me to a deeper peace yet.  I am going to like it here!  

Church this morning was a wonderful experience - surrounded by hundreds of people, sitting with the Winnipeg crew (there were five of us this weekend), the message was powerful and the music phenomenal.  It connected deeply within me though I can't put words to it and simply made me more hungry for more of God...longing and yearning to experience Him more.  I can feel the stirrings and the shiftings in my Spirit already and know that I will be a different person by the end of this season.  I am going out for dinner for Kristi's birthday with the Sanctuary people tonight and am so glad that I know people already and am not totally alone at the beginning of this adventure.

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement.  I hope to post on this blog at least once a week to let everyone know what is happening and a bit about what I am learning.

Blessings and peace to you my friends.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Thanks for joining us in the celebration tonight! It was great to see you! Have a wonderful 3 months and we'll see you back in the Peg!

Joel said...

Enjoy your time in KC! Very excited for you. Soak it all up! See you in less than a month!