Monday, April 5, 2010

Joyful, Joyful

If anyone has been following the IHOPU Student Awakening at all from Kansas City (watch online), you will have picked up on the powerful move of the Holy Spirit that has been taking place since November 11, 2009 and is spreading to all the nations of the earth. I had the unbelievable experience of being there that first week when the Lord began moving in an unusual way among the students and attended the first nightly meeting along with some good friends from SHOP. Some may know my testimony from that week and the weeks following, but I have not been the same since then; with the Lord healing my body and my heart in significant ways, breathing new fire and passion upon my heart to pursue Him and love Him with complete abandon. Even now, coming through a forty-day fast, full of new revelation, deep communion, calling and direction, I could never have imagined any of things taking place in my life even six months ago. I am so thankful and overwhelmed by the gracious love and profound power of Jesus. His resurrection power is as real today as it was on that original Easter Monday!

A significant part and facilitator of the move of the Holy Spirit down at IHOP are the faithful singers, musicians and intercessors, who day-in and day-out set their hearts before the Lord to minister to Him and praise His name. Through prayer, music and song, people around the world are able to engage in what God is doing in the earth right now and join in agreement. There are many songs that have come out of the Awakening Meetings - prophetic proclamations and adoration that have become markers in encounters with God and revelatory experiences about His Heart, character and purposes in the earth. I really do suggest that you go back and watch some of the archives from the meetings and let the songs impact your heart. Added to the list of favourite songs and choruses, like "Marriage Wine," "It's Just a Little While, "I've got a Reason to Dance," "Now I Have a Purpose," is a new arrangement of "Joyful, Joyful" (In the fashion of the Sister Act 2 finale). I am filled with joy every time I hear it to a point of not being able to focus on anything else but the love and joy of the Holy Spirit. Here is one of the live sets of Laura Hackett from the Awakening Meeting (watch April 1, 9:30pm):

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Glad to hear the Lord is continuing to work powerfully in your life! MORE!