The temptation is sometimes present to complain about being single and wish life were different, but I had a week away that helped to remind me that I there is nothing I would rather have right now then the life I am living. During this season of chosen singleness and consecration, there is a certain freedom that liberates my heart like nothing else, knowing what the clear boundaries are and allowing me to just drop everything I'm doing and take a spontaneous vacation to Kansas City with a girlfriend! When else would I be able to do that? Within 12 hours of a phone call from Christina, we were on the road heading to Kansas City for a weekend in the prayer room and shopping before she went for an interview Monday morning.
Undeniably, this was a God-ordained thing, as the timing worked out perfectly and all the details along the way fell into place including the exact money I needed to fund this trip, a place to stay for free, and a the chance to spend quality time with a kindred spirit. Time in the prayer room was refreshing and invigorating to my spirit and heart, and the shopping excursions, coffee dates, and meals out were a sabbatical for my mind and emotions. Laughter and fun is truly some of the best medicine, which I had plenty of, and a strong dose of scripture and the presence of Jesus mixed together into a powerful weekend of memories and encouragement.
 |
| Panera - an all-time favourite! |
 |
| Shopping at the Plaza |
|
 |
| Enjoying the sun at the plaza and taking pics |
|
 |
| Heading into the Awakening Service Saturday night |
|
To Christina: Thanks for making the most of this time of our lives!
1 comment:
I completely agree Janelle! I am so thankful for you and that we can do fun, spontaneous things together in this time of our lives!
Post a Comment