Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Awakening the dawn, regularly

Simple update:
With Luke18 Project at the University of Manitoba, we are starting 6am prayer meetings.  The first one was this morning, the second one tomorrow, and will continue every Wednesday and Thursday until the end of the semester.

I'm a morning person, so I like early prayer meetings, but 4:45am alarms are a bit harsh. It's an hour that I have rarely seen, but I have a feeling it will become like a good friend in no time.

This morning, without seeing anyone else on campus, four of us sat/knelt in a room and worshiped Jesus, asking for God's heart for the campus, and experienced the tangible Presence of the Holy Spirit and the love of the Father.  It was pretty incredible.

We will be seeing more of 6am in the future, and I am excited to awaken the dawn as we take our place as watchmen on the wall.

3 comments:

Bryan said...

So awesome! I love the way the Lord has been opening doors and what He is doing through Luke 18. I'm not sure I could handle too many 6 am prayer meetings, you're a trooper Janelle!

Caitlin said...

YES.

Christina said...

You're awesome Jan!!!!! Way to go girl! Cheering you on and keeping you (and Luke18) in my prayers.