Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Jesus is driving the bus, and He's CRAZY!!!"

"Jesus is driving the bus, and He's CRAZY!!!"

The phrase left my mouth, louder, and before I had anytime to think it through or discern whether this was the correct time or place for such an exclamation. Thankfully I had a very understanding friend across the table burst out laughing... not out of insensitivity, but because she totally knew what I meant and the history of the context! I quickly noticed that there were other patrons in the coffee shop around us who began to chuckle and smirk, giving away the fact they had been eavesdropping. I contemplated making a loud general statement to clarify that I wasn't being blasphemous, but just for a moment, and then moved on.

Those who are familiar with Sanctuary House of Prayer will know that there is lengthy prophetic history to the establishment of night and day prayer in the city of Winnipeg.  One of the great words of encouragement to our house was a picture of Jesus driving a big yellow school bus.  The explanation goes to say that the bus is the prayer movement, or the establishment of house of prayer/night and day prayer, and that Jesus is in complete control of what it will look like.  Psalm 127:1 "Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the LORD guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain." The prophetic pictured continued to show that when the bus was going uphill, it was barely moving, and when driving downhill, Jesus would step on the gas.  On the outside, it looked out of control and dangerous, or unwise.  But Jesus was driving and He knows what He is doing.  His plans, timing and will are perfect.

From what has seemed to be a very slow and exhausting battle uphill in the last season of my life, with little confirmation of moving forward, has in a moment felt to shift and change!  Since the start of the new year, my life in the natural and in my journey with God has accelerated, to the point where from one day to the next, it feels and looks totally different.  In the last two weeks, I have had more opportunities to speak and teach, to have strategic meetings and decisions just happen in an instant, and an increased desire, hunger and grace to be in the Word, to spend time in His Presence and ability to hear His voice.  That is a gift from God, and a huge answer to prayer.  I would believe in miracles on that fact alone.  And I dare to believe that my experience over the last couple of weeks is for me alone, but for our community and anyone who will agree with what the Spirit is doing right now in our city.

I am keenly aware that the Lord is up to something in my life, and corporately for the Church in Winnipeg, and though we all go through different seasons of the soul, I am prepared to say "yes" in this time to Jesus driving the bus, even if it seems crazy!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Hahaha I've been waiting for this title to come up. Excited to read it. Riiiight NOW.